Monday, October 1, 2012

Lunches #11, #12 & #13

Wow, it is crazy how quickly you can get backed up if you don't post daily. I think I have said that before but I will say it again. K has been feeling under the weather so I have been focusing on her. This was last Wednesday's lunch. K had snap peas, bunny cantaloupe, Ritz crackers, pepperoni rounds and mozzarella cheese flowers. My thought was she could make her own lunchables. I have been trying out different cheeses as K says I don't like cheese but I know she does. She eats pizza, grilled cheese, and quesadillas for crying out loud. 


Well, I am back to taking pictures of what comes back home. Not too back. Not sure why she moved the crackers and pepperoni. However, she did tell me that crackers broke a little when I closed the lid. Do you see cheese? I don't! The mozzarella was the winner.


So I am still trying to pack a little less to avoid wasting. This was last Thursday's lunch. K had sliced red bell peppers, bear cantaloupe, grapes and a salad. My husband said, "Where is the protein?" Oops! Well, she said she wanted a salad.


And this is what came home. UGH! Will I ever get it right? I know I can't ask to have an empty lunch every single day but come on once in a while would be nice and why can't I have an empty lunchbox every single day? What a long run on sentence. But that is the way I said it in my head so that is the way I typed it.


Friday was a staff development day so there was no school. K had a play date with a boy in her class. They had a lot of fun and enjoyed the next day in her weekend.

Today, Monday, K is still not feeling well. She has a cough and a low grade fever. She hates to miss school so I give her the usual instructions. If you feel you can't make it have the office call me at work and I will come get you. She is such a trooper! She made it through the day in terrible 109 degree weather. For lunch, K had cucumber slices, raspberries, green chips (as she calls them; they are really Sun Chips) and homemade lunchables again (Ritz cracker, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese leaves).


Can I tell you how overjoyed I am? Look what came home. NOTHING! I love it. Praying tomorrow brings some of the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment