Monday, September 10, 2012

Lunch #2

Today K told me a teacher saw her Planetbox lunch and said, "Wow, that is a lot of food!"  What do you think?  Am I packing too much food? I can say this...so far even though it has only been two lunches she has not come home stating she is starving.


Today I packed pepperoni with a touch of mustard bus sandwiches (I wrote on them with edible markers), black olives, sliced yellow bell peppers, Gardetto's Snack Mix and the Dove dark chocolate candy.


K asked for a separate item for her snack.  I guess they are allowed to have a snack at recess if they are hungry.  I peeled and separated 2 cutie's.  The Funtainer bottle drink is apple juice.


Okay when I picked K up from school she said her lunch and snack were very good.  I had to run a couple of errands after I picked her up.  After a few minutes in the car, she said she was hungry.  I asked if she had any lunch leftover and she said yes.  I asked her to eat it as not to be wasteful.  So when we got home this is what I found.  Yellow bell peppers, olives, cutie's, Dove candy, apple juice, almost a whole school bus, and some Gardetto's gone.  

So far the fruits and veggies I have been packing she already likes.  I will eventually try to branch out to other fruits and veggies to see if I can get her to eat them.  I am not so sure after seeing the sandwiches but I won't give up.  She did ask for the Pepperoni sandwich again for tomorrow but in a different shape.  I told her she needed to eat more of it if I made it again.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment